The Darkmoon Faire is a monthly event that takes place on Darkmoon Isle. You can earn the Come One, Come All! achievement for just showing up and Fairegoer's Feast for trying the foods.
Table of Contents
- Getting to the Faire Grounds
- Darkmoon Prize Tickets
- Darkmoon Faire Trinkets
- Experience and Reputation Buffs
- Other Attractions
- Deathmatch Pavillion
- Each of the major capital cities will have Mystic Mages that give The Darkmoon Faire quest.
- The mages will teleport you to the Faire entrance for 50 Silver.
- Completing the quest will reward you with a Darkmoon Adventurer's Guide, which you'll need for later quests.
- If you are a lower level character, talk to “Dusty” Brandom who will loan you a fast mount.
- There are portals set up in Elwynn Forest and Mulgore right outside Stormwind and Thunder Bluff that take you to Darkmoon Island.
Darkmoon Prize Tickets
Completing various event activities will award you Darkmoon Prize Tickets, which can be used to purchase rewards. You can acquire a maximum of 281 Tickets per Faire from the following sources:
- 105 for completing the pet dailies every day
- 80 for obtaining dungeon and PvP quest items
- 42 for completing the mini-games each day
- 20 for completing profession quests
- 14 for completing The Real Race and The Real Big Race each day
- 10 for completing the Test Your Strength quest
- 10 for completing the Den Mother's Demise quest
Darkmoon Faire Quests
A total of 6 profession quests can be completed each week. There will be 2 quests for your main profession and 4 for your secondary profession. These quests require a minimum skill level of 75. Completing a profession quest will also reward you with +5 Skill Points in the profession the quest was for. Completing six profession quests rewards Faire Favors.
- Alchemy: A Fizzy Fusion
- Blacksmithing: Baby Needs Two Pair of Shoes
- Enchanting: Putting Trash to Good Use
- Engineering: Talkin' Tonks
- Herbalism: Herbs for Healing
- Insciption: Writing the Future
- Jewelcrafting: Keeping the Faire Sparkling
- Leatherworking: Eyes on the Prizes
- Mining: Rearm, Reuse, Recycle
- Skinning: Tan My Hide
- Tailoring: Banners, Banners Everywhere!
- Archeology: Fun for the Little Ones
- Cooking: Putting the Crunch in the Frog
- First Aid: Putting the Carnies Back Together Again
- Fishing: Spoilin' for Salty Sea Dogs
Mini Games (Daily)
Play different games to earn Step Right Up.
- It's Hammer Time - Score 30 points by whacking gnolls. Rewards That's Whack! .
- The Humanoid Cannonball - Accumulate 5 cannon target points by landing near the target. Rewards Blastenheimer Bullseye
- He Shoots, He Scores! - Score 25 points in 60 seconds. Shoot well to earn Quick Shot.
- Target: Turtle - Land 3 rings on the Darkmoon Turtle. Rewards Triumphant Turtle Tossing.
- Tonk Commander - Use your Darkmoon Tonk to destroy 30 Tonk Targets in the time allowed. Rewards Ace Tonk Commander.
- Firebird's Challenge - Collect 15 rings while flying. Rewards Flying High, Ringmaster, and Brood of Alysrazor (Blazing Wings)
Darkmoon Despoiler Quests (Weekly)
The following Darkmoon artifacts can be collected through various PVP and PVE content. You must have a Darkmoon Adventurer's Guide in your bags to be eligible to loot these artifacts.
Turning in Artifacts allows you to earn achievements: Darkmoon Defender, Darkmoon Despoiler, Darkmoon Dungeoneer
- Fallen Adventurer's Journal
- Banner of the Fallen
- Captured Insignia
- Imbued Crystal
- Monstrous Egg
- Mysterious Grimoire
- Ornate Weapon
- Soothsayer's Runes
- A Treatise on Strategy
Faldar Willowshade - Draughts and Tinctures
Sells a variety of potions that increase stats and increase or decrease your size for 1 x Darkmoon Prize Ticket each. These potions do not work at level 110.
Boomie Sparks - Fireworks
You can use these fireworks to earn Taking the Show on the Road.
- Various single Fireworks for 1 x Darkmoon Prize Ticket
- Sparklepony XL for 150 x Darkmoon Prize Ticket
- Darkmoon Firework for 10 x Darkmoon Prize Ticket
- Ensemble: Chain of the Scarlet Crusade - Only available for Mail armor classes
- Ensemble: Scale of the Scarlet Crusade - Only available for Plate armor classes
- Cropped Tabard of the Scarlet Crusade - You must own the old tabard to purchase this one.
- Replica Dreadmist Set - Replica of the Dreadmist Raiment set.
- Replica Deathmist Set - Replica of the Deathmist Raiment set.
- Replica Magister's Set - Replica of the Magister's Regalia set.
- Replica Sorcerer's Set - Replica of the Sorcerer's Regalia set.
- Replica Devout Set - Replica of the Vestments of the Devout set.
- Replica Virtuous Set - Replica of the Vestments of the Virtuous set.
- Replica Wildheart Set - Replica of the Wildheart Raiment set.
- Replica Feralheart Set - Replica of the Feralheart Raiment set.
- Replica Shadowcraft Set - Replica of the Shadowcraft set.
- Replica Darkmantle Set - Replica of the Darkmantle set.
- Replica Beaststalker Set - Replica of the Beaststalker set.
- Replica Beastmaster Set - Replica of the Beastmaster set.
- Replica Elements Set - Replica of The Elements set.
- Replica Five Thunders Set - Replica of The Five Thunders set.
- Replica Heroism Set - Replica of the Battlegear of Heroism set.
- Replica Valor Set - Replica of the Battlegear of Valor set.
- Replica Lightforge Set - Replica of the Lightforge Armor set.
- Replica Soulforge Set - Replica of the Soulforge Armor set.
Carl Goodup - Balloon Vendor
- Darkmoon Balloon - 90 x Darkmoon Prize Ticket
- Flimsy Yellow Balloon - 10 Silver
- Flimsy Green Balloon - 10 Silver
- Flimsy Darkmoon Balloon - 10 Silver
Chester - Vestements and Oddities
|1||Other||Last Deck of Nemelex Xobeh||130 ×|
|1||Other||Haunting Memento||90 ×|
|100||Other||Music Roll: Darkmoon Carousel||90 ×|
|1||Cosmetic||Chest||Nobleman's Coat||75 ×||
|1||Cosmetic||Chest||Noblewoman's Finery||75 ×||
|1||Cosmetic||Legs||Noblewoman's Skirt||75 ×||
|1||Cosmetic||Legs||Nobleman's Pantaloons||75 ×||
|1||Cosmetic||Feet||Noble's Fancy Boots||55 ×||
Daenrand Dawncrest - Heirloom Prizes
|85||Trinket||Trinket||Swift Hand of Justice||70 ×|
|85||Trinket||Trinket||Discerning Eye of the Beast||70 ×|
|85||Off Hand||Off Hand||Musty Tome of the Lost||50 ×||
|85||Cloth||Shoulders||Tattered Dreadmist Mantle||50 ×||
|85||Cloth||Chest||Tattered Dreadmist Robe||50 ×||
|85||Leather||Shoulders||Stained Shadowcraft Spaulders||50 ×||
|85||Leather||Chest||Stained Shadowcraft Tunic||50 ×||
|85||Leather||Shoulders||Preened Ironfeather Shoulders||50 ×||
|85||Leather||Chest||Preened Ironfeather Breastplate||50 ×||
|85||Shoulders||Champion Herod's Shoulder||50 ×||
|85||Chest||Champion's Deathdealer Breastplate||50 ×||
|85||Shoulders||Mystical Pauldrons of Elements||50 ×||
|85||Chest||Mystical Vest of Elements||50 ×||
|85||Plate||Shoulders||Burnished Pauldrons of Might||50 ×||
|85||Plate||Shoulders||Polished Spaulders of Valor||50 ×||
|85||Plate||Chest||Polished Breastplate of Valor||50 ×||
|85||Plate||Chest||Burnished Breastplate of Might||50 ×||
|85||Shield||Off Hand||Flamescarred Draconian Deflector||50 ×||
|85||Shield||Off Hand||Weathered Observer's Shield||50 ×||
|85||Two-handed Axe||Two Hand||Bloodied Arcanite Reaper||75 ×||
|85||Bow||Ranged||Charmed Ancient Bone Bow||75 ×||
|85||One-handed Mace||One Hand||Venerable Mass of McGowan||50 ×||
|85||One-handed Mace||One Hand||Devout Aurastone Hammer||50 ×||
|85||Two-handed Mace||Two Hand||Repurposed Lava Dredger||75 ×||
|85||One-handed Sword||One Hand||Bloodsoaked Skullforge Reaver||50 ×||
|85||One-handed Sword||One Hand||Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge||50 ×||
|85||Staff||Two Hand||Burnished Warden Staff||75 ×||
|85||Staff||Two Hand||Dignified Headmaster's Charge||75 ×||
|85||Dagger||One Hand||Balanced Heartseeker||50 ×||
|90||Other||Ancient Heirloom Armor Casing||12 ×|
|90||Other||Ancient Heirloom Scabbard||14 ×|
Lhara - Pet and Mount Prizes
|1||Companion Pets||Darkmoon Balloon||90 ×|
|1||Companion Pets||Darkmoon Monkey||90 ×|
|1||Companion Pets||Darkmoon Turtle||90 ×|
|1||Companion Pets||Darkmoon Tonk||90 ×|
|1||Companion Pets||Darkmoon Zeppelin||90 ×|
|1||Companion Pets||Darkmoon Cub||90 ×|
|1||Companion Pets||Darkmoon Hatchling||90 ×|
|20||Mount||Darkmoon Dancing Bear||180 ×||
|20||Mount||Swift Forest Strider||180 ×||
Gelvas Grimegate - Souvernir and Toy Prizes
|1||Other||Darkmoon Top Hat||10 ×|
|1||Other||Darkmoon Seesaw||50 ×|
|1||Junk||Darkmoon Whistle||90 ×|
|1||Companion Pets||Darkmoon Balloon||90 ×|
|20||Off Hand||Darkmoon Flower||1 ×||
|1||Back||Cloak of the Darkmoon Faire||90 ×||
|1||Two-handed Mace||Darkmoon Hammer||75 ×||
|1||Miscellaneous||Darkmoon "Sword"||20 ×||
|45||Bag||Darkmoon Storage Box||1 ×|
|1||Other||Darkmoon "Tiger"||1 ×|
|1||Other||Darkmoon "Snow Leopard"||1 ×|
|1||Other||Darkmoon "Nightsaber"||1 ×|
|1||Other||Darkmoon "Cougar"||1 ×|
|1||Other||Darkmoon "Dragon"||1 ×|
|1||Other||Darkmoon "Gryphon"||1 ×|
|1||Other||Darkmoon "Murloc"||1 ×|
|1||Other||Darkmoon "Rocket"||1 ×|
|1||Other||Darkmoon "Wyvern"||1 ×|
- Blorp - Sold by Galissa Sundew for 50 Darkmoon Daggermaw
- Crow - Wild Pet Battle
- Darkmoon Balloon - Sold by Lhara for 90 Darkmoon Prize Tickets
- Darkmoon Cub - Sold by Lhara for 90 Darkmoon Prize Tickets
- Darkmoon Eye - Small drop rate from Darkmoon Pet Supplies
- Darkmoon Glowfly - Wild Pet Battle
- Darkmoon Hatchling - Sold by Lhara for 90 Darkmoon Prize Tickets
- Darkmoon Monkey - Sold by Lhara for 90 Darkmoon Prize Tickets
- Darkmoon Rabbit - Drops from Darkmoon Rabbit. Killing the rabbit also awards The Rabbit's Dunamite!.
- Darkmoon Turtle - Sold by Lhara for 90 Darkmoon Prize Tickets
- Darkmoon Tonk - Sold by Lhara for 90 Darkmoon Prize Tickets
- Darkmoon Zeppelin - Sold by Lhara for 90 Darkmoon Prize Tickets
- Hogs - That's Whack! Achievement Reward
- Ghostshell Crab - Sold by Galissa Sundew for 100 Darkmoon Daggermaw
- Jubling - Spawn of Jubjub hidden quest completion reward
- Moon Moon - Moonfang drop
- Race MiniZep Controller - Big Rocketeer: Gold reward
- Sea Pony - Earned by fishing
- Syd the Squid - Small drop rate from Greater Darkmoon Pet Supplies
- Tree Frog - Sold by Flik for 1 Gold
- Wood Frog - Sold by Flik for 1 Gold
- Darkmoon Dancing Bear - Sold by Lhara for 180 Darkmoon Prize Tickets
- Swift Forest Strider - Sold by Lhara for 180 Darkmoon Prize Tickets
- Darkwater Skate - Sold by Galissa Sundew for 500 Darkmoon Daggermaw
- Shimmering Moonstone - Temporary mount dropped by Moonfang
- Attraction Sign - Reward for completing Wanderluster: Gold
- Blazing Wings - Reward for completing Brood of Alysrazor
- Darkmoon Gazer - Reward for completing Big Wanderluster: Gold
- Darkmoon Ring-Flinger - Reward for completing Triumphant Turtle Tossing
- Darkmoon Seesaw - Sold by Gelvas Grimegate for 50 Darkmoon Prize Tickets
- Darkmoon Tonk Controller - Reward for completing Ace Tonk Commander
- Darkmoon Whistle - Sold by Gelvas Grimegate for 90 Darkmoon Prize Tickets
- Everlasting Darkmoon Firework - Reward for completing Rocketeer: Gold
- Fire-Eater's Vial - Reward for completing Darkmoon Racer Roadhog
- Flimsy Yellow Balloon - Sold by Carl Goodup for 10 Silver
- Gaze of the Darkmoon - Reward for completing Powermonger: Gold
- Haunting Memento - Sold by Chester for 90 Darkmoon Prize Tickets
- Moonfang Shroud - Dropped by Moonfang
- Ring of Broken Promises - Reward for completing the Broken Promises quest
- Seafarer's Slidewhistle - Sold by Galissa Sundew for 25 Darkmoon Daggermaw
- Sparklepony XL - Sold by Boomie Sparks for 150 Darkmoon Prize Tickets
Transmog and Vanity Items
- Patch 7.2 added Rona Greenteeth who sells Inky Black Potion, an item that surrounds you with darkness and makes it look like it is a dark night.
- Gelvas Grimegate sells the unique looking Darkmoon Hammer and Cloak of the Darkmoon Faire. These items have the appearance of Darkmoon Faire employees.
- Replica Dungeon Sets can be purchased from Barum and Baruma. They offer two different sets for each armor type, which cost a total of 520 Darkmoon Prize Tickets to purchase.
- If you would like to purchase the Nobleman or Noblewoman's outfit, visit Chester. He sells multiple cosmetic items that can be purchased with Darkmoon Prize Tickets.
- The appearance of a Scarlet Crusade knight is now available to both Mail and Plate wearers. The Scarlet Quartermaster sells a full cosmetic set, as well as the tabard. These items are purchasable with Gold.
- The following vanity weapons can be purchased from Rona Greenteeth and Gelvas Grimegate for Darkmoon Prize Tickets:
- Four different trinkets can be acquired through the Darkmoon Faire.
- Inscriptionists (Scribes) can purchase Rank 2 and Rank 3 recipes from Professor Thaddeus Paleo.
Once all the cards are acquired and a deck is combined, it will reward one of the following trinkets:
- Darkmoon Deck: Immortality - Agility or Strength, chance to proc different amounts of Bonus Armor when equipped
- Darkmoon Deck: Dominion - Agility or Strength, chance to proc different amounts of Critical Strike when equipped
- Darkmoon Deck: Promises - Intellect, chance to proc different amounts of Mana Cost Reduction when equipped
- Darkmoon Deck: Hellfire - Intellect, chance to proc different amounts of Critical Strike when equipped
There are two ways of obtaining +10% reputation and experience gain for one hour. These two buffs are exclusive.
- The Darkmoon Carousel: Riding the Carousel for a few seconds will give you the buff WHEE! which eventually stacks up to an hour. You can buy a Darkmoon Ride Ticketfrom Kae Ti.
- Darkmoon Top Hat: This can be bought from Gelvas Grimegate for 10 Darkmoon Prize Tickets or obtained from a Darkmoon Game Prize (small drop chance).
- If you enjoy the music of L90ETC, make sure to check them out. They perform every hour on the Darkmoon Boardwalk.
- You can find the Blight Boar band event off to the side of the faire.
- If you are looking to blow off some steam and go for a stroll, the Faire has an extensive exotic animal collection in the zoo area.
- You can enjoy a Pony (I Was Promised a Pony) or Ram ride around the Petting Zoo.
- After a long day at the Darkmoon Faire, you can access the portal back to your capital city on the Darkmoon Pier.
- The Deathmatch Pavillion is a free-for-all PvP zone with a special event every 3 hours.
- Korgol Crushskull will announce the start of the special event, after which a loot chest will appear in the center of the ring. The person who manages to loot it will be rewarded with the Pit Fighter trinket and the Darkmoon Duelist achievement.
- Winning this event 12 times will reward you with a Master Pit Fighter trinket, as well as the most rare achievement in the event, Darkmoon Dominator.
The Darkmoon Faire has two different race courses with many different achievements to earn. The easier course is called the Real Race and is on the flat ground to the right. The Real Big Race is the longer and mountainous course to the left.
- Darkmoon Like the Wind - Stay aloft with the Wanderluster's Glider for more than 10 seconds.
- Darkmoon Race Enthusiast - Successfully complete Welcome to the Darkmoon Races or The Real Race with the Racing Strider.
- Racing Strider
Real Big Race
- Racing Strider