The Call of the Scarab holiday event remembers the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj world event from Vanilla. This event is an Alliance vs Horde showdown, with the victorious faction flying their faction banner for the next year.
This year you will need to talk to Zidormi in Silithus to see the old version if you have killed Argus and can see the Wound in the World.
The Call of the Scarab quest will send you to Silithus so that you know where the vendor and world quests are. From there you can complete quests and defeat bosses to earn Commendations for your faction. Whichever faction has the most Commendations at the end of the event wins.
- There are Twilight Cultist camps scattered around the zone.
- You will need to kill NPCs in the camp to acquire all three Cultist pieces: Twilight Cultist Cowl, Twilight Cultist Mantle, Twilight Cultist Robe
- Once you have applied all three pieces of the disguise, you can use a Lesser Wind stone to summon a NPC that you can solo.
- These drop Abyssal Crest and remove one of your armor buffs when summoned.
- Abyssal Crest are dropped by the Lesser Wind Stone bosses at the Cultist Camps.
- The Twilight Cultist Medallion of Station can be used at a Wind Stone to summon a boss that might need a group.
- The Twilight Cultist Ring of Lordship can be used at a Greater Wind Stone to summon a stronger boss that will need a group.
There are several world quests associated with this event, all rewarding Commendations that contribute to your faction's total.
- Lesser Wind Stones - 150 x Commendations
- The Colossus of Zora - 100 x Commendations
- Silithyst - 100 Commendations
- Ahn'Qiraj: C'thun - 100 x Commendations
- The Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj: Ossirian - 100 x Commendations
- Colossus Group Quests - 100 x Commendations
- These World Quests reward reputation with Cenarion Circle, up to 1000 for completing a quest.
- Chilled Meat - 20 x Commendations
- Crocolisk Tails - 20 x Commendations
- Crunchy Spider Legs - 20 x Commendations
- Lean Shanks - 20 x Commendations
- Raw Clefthoof Meat - 20 x Commendations
- Raw Tiger Steaks - 20 x Commendations
- Sandworm Meat - 20 x Commendations
These quests are started by items dropped from the Wind Stone and Greater Wind Stone bosses at the Cultist Camps.
- Cinder of Cynders - 200 x Commendations
- Pearl of Fathoms - 200 x Commendations
- Salt of Shards - 200 x Commendations
- Song of Zephyrs - 200 x Commendations
- Coreforged Sigil of Skaldrenox - 500 x Commendations
- Diamondine Sigil of Kazum - 500 x Commendations
- Glimmering Sigil of Whirlaxis - 500 x Commendations
- Tidal Sigil of Skwol - 500 x Commendations
|1||Quest||Twilight Cultist Ring of Lordship||1000 x Abyssal Crest|
|1||Quest||Twilight Cultist Medallion of Station||250 x Abyssal Crest|
|1||Mount||Ruby Qiraji Resonating Crystal||1 x Abyssal Crest|
|1||Mount||Sapphire Qiraji Resonating Crystal||1 x Abyssal Crest|